The Chairperson is responsible for the overall running of the Club with the assistance of the Treasurer and Secretary during his period of office. To be responsible for the implementation of good practice and child protection policies within the club.
- To chair and control the meetings of the management committee, in particular:
- To preserve order
- To take care that the proceedings are conducted in a proper manner
- To ensure that the sense of the meeting is properly ascertained concerning any question which is properly before the meeting
- To be involved, where appropriate, in the coordination of all club activities
- Oversee decisions made by the management and sub committees
- Oversee the work of officers and other club personnel
- In conjunction with the Secretary present the annual report
- In conjunction with the Treasurer present the annual accounts
- Consult with the secretary on the content of the agenda and minutes of Meetings
- Keep up to date on Swim Wales laws, regional rules and club constitution
- Ensure that statutory documents and other returns are filed on time
- Advise the Treasurer on the use and investment of club funds
- Report to the officers of the management committee at the first opportunity of any instant decisions taken, and ensure that all policy decisions are ratified by the management committee. Abide by and promote all club policies.
- Follow and promote the Swim Wales Child Protection policy.